PhoneSheriff Review – Everything You Need to Know
Last updated on August 17, 2019 by Joe Martin
Update: I found a notice on the PhoneSheriff site that says “The iOS and BlackBerry versions have been discontinued.” Also, they are currently NOT accepting new users. If you’re a PhoneSheriff user looking for an alternative, SpyBubble is a great option because it’s very simple and easy to use. You can try it for free for 3 days, but after that you’ll need to pay for it.
PhoneSheriff: What It Is and How It Works
PhoneSheriff is a powerful parental control software that allows you to monitor and control your child’s smartphone. Monitor phone activity, block phone numbers and contacts, lock the phone, determining how the phone can be used is entirely up to you. And PhoneSheriff is extremely easy to use. All you need to do is install a small app directly onto your child’s device.
Once installed and configured, the app will monitor and record their phone activity. The recorded activities are uploaded to your online account which you can access from any device at any time.
PhoneSheriff is compatible with iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. PhoneSheriff Investigator has been released. Now you can monitor an iPhone without jailbreaking. Download it now!
PhoneSheriff – The Pros and Cons
- Flexible content filtering
- Instant alerts and notiﬁcations
- Remote settings
- Jailbreaking is required for iOS devices
- Capture of instant messages requires rooting the phone
- The app is not hidden
The Best Features Of PhoneSheriff (Version 2.5)
PhoneSheriff gives you the ability to monitor activities online in real time. Your logs are safely stored in your secure web account which is accessible only by you. You can view logs using any computer. See the detailed logging features below.
1. Monitor Text Messages – Secretly read the contents of all text messages sent/received from the phone you are monitoring. You don’t need to worry if the messages are deleted, with this feature you will get ALL messages even if they are immediately deleted after being read by the user.
2. View iMessages – View all the iMessages chat conversations that take place from your target iPhone.
3. Monitor Call History – All incoming and outgoing numbers will be logged along with the duration of the calls.
4. Websites Visited – Read the web browsing history of the phone’s mobile browser. Check out each URL that has been visited.
5. GPS Location Tracking – This feature allows you to secretly track a cell phone, so you always know where your kid is. Links to the GPS location are provided using Google Maps, which means you can get information on not only the location, but surroundings businesses, driving directions, etc.
6. Photo and Video Log – view photos and videos snapped on the phone.
7. View Emails – With this feature you can view all email messages, whether incoming or outgoing.
8. View Apps Installed – You will see what apps are installed on your child’s phone/tablet.
9. Monitor Calendar Events – Every calendar event is logged. Date, time, and locations are recorded. All logs will be sent to your web account.
10. WhatsApp Monitoring (New): View WhatsApp messages sent and received on the monitored phone.
11. BlackBerry Messenger Monitoring (New): View BB messages sent and received on the monitored device. This feature is for BlackBerry devices ONLY.
12. Anti Abduction (New): Trace the path of the monitored phone via Google maps and see street view. Take camera snapshots remotely and record audio surroundings of the phone.
13. Settings (New): In the older version, all changes had to be made from the actual device. The 2.5 version allows you to make any changes remotely through your control panel.
You can automatically receive a copy of any SMS containing keywords you specify. For example, if your child sends or receives an SMS containing “sex” you can be notified.
PhoneSheriff allows you to set a variety of filters applicable on the monitored cell phone.
Value Added Features
Install this parental control app to your child’s mobile device to finally know the truth and block unwanted activity. You can even access the logs from any remote location by logging into the secure site from any computer or phone web browser.
How Does PhoneSheriff Work?
The way it works is very simple: you purchase PhoneSheriff and install the app onto your child’s phone. You configure the app according to your specific needs. The child uses the phone normally. The app blocks and filters the actions specified and silently reports all actions to your online account. You access your account from any internet-enabled device. Here you can view activities recorded in near real time. Flexispy, Mspy, you name it: they all work the same way. It’s quick and easy, here’s how to get started:
PhoneSheriff offers two pricing tiers: $49.00 every six months or $89.00 annually. The company accepts credit card and paypal payments. PhoneSheriff also has a money-back guarantee, but it applies only if the product doesn’t work. According to Tom’s Guide, you can use the service on up to three devices at the same time.
What happens after I purchase PhoneSheriff?
Once purchased, the parental control app will be instantly available for download on your secure control panel. You will also receive full instructions on how to download and install the app. Here’s our step-by-step tutorial on how to set up PhoneSheriff on Android and iOS. The installation process is very quick and will take about 10 – 20 minutes.
Once installed, the app will stay hidden in the phone and it will monitor the activities of the user without him/her knowing it. All recorded data will be sent to your online control panel. Just login to your account if you want to check them.
The PhoneSheriff app is available for both Android and iOS devices. To see if your phone is compatible, check out the list of supported devices: www.phonesheriff.com/compatibility.html
The app is supported with the following operating systems:
- iOS: supports versions up to iOS 9.0.2
- Android: Android 2.3.6 to Android 7.1.2
- BlackBerry: BlackBerry version 4.0 to 7.1
- All iOS devices MUST be jailbroken prior to installing the app. Learn how to jailbreak an iOS device.
- The target phone must have a data plan and an internet connection so the app can send logs to your account.
Designed specifically for parents, PhoneSheriff silently records all activity on their kids’ phones. It has more activity monitoring, filtering and alert features than any other cell phone monitoring software I reviewed. With this app, you can monitor what your child is up to remotely, from a web browser no matter where you are.